The StretchBodyMind Breathwork Facilitator Training is a 4-month immersive and comprehensive training programme designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge, and confidence required of an individual in order to work with clients on specific breathing techniques in both 1:1 or group sessions.
Learners will cover:
- The anatomy of the lungs; gaseous exchange; the breath-brain connection and the physical and mental benefits of breathwork.
- How the breath impacts the vagus nerve and its connection to the parasympathetic nervous system.
- The content of a breathwork session with an in-depth study of 6 unique breathwork exercises.
- How to hold space for breathwork; creating a trauma-informed space and basic facilitation skills.
- The structure of a breathwork session and how to build momentum with music and motivational cueing (i.e. what to say and what to play) and how to plan for emotional and physical reactions.
- The Business of Breathwork and how to modify for different audiences/special populations.
POINTS OF DIFFERENCE:
- StretchBodyMind covers a range of high and low-oxygen techniques rather than focusing on one specific method of breathing.
- StretchBodyMind covers both spiritual and scientific breath practices, making the training suitable for PTs and Fitness Instructors as well as Yoga Teachers and Pilates Instructors.
- StretchBodyMind covers the WHY as well as the HOW of breathwork so that you can fill your classes by promoting the benefits of this life-changing work.
- StretchBodyMind breaks down complex physiology, particularly around the vagus nerve and the impact of breathwork on the nervous system.
- StretchBodyMind provides tools for your own personal transformation and the confidence to incorporate these tools into your existing classes (or to create an entirely new class).
- The StretchBodyMind Breathwork Facilitator Training is not your typical online course in which you have no interaction or are left to your own devices. This programme is HIGHLY interactive and designed to foster a sense of community among participants, with lots of direct access to Victoria.
There is no pre-requisite for this course, but the qualification has been designed for learners aged 16 years and older.
- Unit 1: Anatomy of the Breath
- Unit 2: Breathing, Trauma and the Vagus Nerve
- Unit 3: Holding (Safe) Space for Breathwork
- Unit 4: High and Low Oxygen Breathwork Techniques
- Unit 5: Breathwork for Special Populations
- Unit 6: The Business of Breathwork
- Case Study
- Receive 2 one-to-one breathwork sessions, lead 2 one-to-one breathwork sessions, and facilitate 1 group breathwork session (Self-evaluation and participant feedback must be completed for these).
- Final Practical Demonstration
The StretchBodyMind Breathwork Facilitator Training will be delivered entirely online.
You will have time during the course to complete a case study and create a breathwork session for your client. This will then be demonstrated at your final assessment session.
We start this online training on Thursday 18th January 2024 and run for 12 weeks. Assessment will then be a month later.
There will be LIVE Ceremony Calls with Victoria at 1 pm – 3 pm GMT on:
- 18th January 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 1st February 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 15th February 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 29th February 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Leaping Live Tuition
- 14th March 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 28th March 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Q&A call
There will be LIVE Peer-to-Peer Practice Calls with Victoria at 1 pm – 2 pm GMT on:
- 25th January 2024 @ 1 pm - 2 pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 8th February 2024 @ 1 pm - 2 pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 22nd February 2024 @ 1 pm - 2 pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 7th March 2024 @ 1 pm - 2 pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 21st March 2024 @ 1 pm - 2 pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 25th April 2024 @ 1 pm - 3 pm UK-time: Assessment call
Endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity with 10 CPD Points (the maximum for a CPD course!)
Accredited by IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) allowing you to get insurance and teach anywhere in the world!