This qualification teaches the skills, knowledge and competence required of an individual in order to work with clients on specific breathing techniques in both 1:1 or group sessions.
Learners will cover:
- The anatomy of the lungs; gaseous exchange; the breath-brain connection and the physical and mental benefits of breathwork.
- How the breath impacts the vagus nerve and its connection to the parasympathetic nervous system.
- The content of a breathwork session with an in-depth study of 6 unique breathwork exercises.
- How to hold space for breathwork; creating a trauma-informed space and basic facilitation skills.
- The structure of a breathwork session and how to build momentum with music and motivational cueing (i.e. what to say and what to play) and how to plan for emotional and physical reactions.
- The Business of Breathwork and how to modify for different audiences/special populations.
POINTS OF DIFFERENCE:
- StretchBodyMind covers a range of high and low oxygen techniques rather than focusing on one specific method of breathing.
- StretchBodyMind covers both spiritual and scientific breath practices, making the training suitable for PTs and Fitness Instructors as well as Yoga Teachers and Pilates Instructors.
- StretchBodyMind covers the WHY as well as the HOW of breathwork so that you can fill your classes by promoting the benefits of this life-changing work.
- StretchBodyMind breaks down complex physiology, particularly around the vagus nerve and the impact of breathwork on the nervous system.
- StretchBodyMind provides tools for your own personal transformation and the confidence to incorporate these tools into your existing classes (or to create an entirely new class).
There is no pre-requisite for this course, but the qualification has been designed for learners aged 16 years and older.
- Unit 1: Anatomy of the Breath
- Unit 2: Holding (Safe) Space for Breathwork
- Unit 3: Breathing, Trauma and the Vagus Nerve
- Unit 4: Breathwork for Special Populations
- Unit 5: High and Low Oxygen Techniques
- Unit 6: The Business of Breathwork
- Case Study
- Practical Demonstration
The StretchBodyMind Breathwork Facilitator Training will be delivered entirely online. It will be a mixture of pre-recorded videos and live Zoom sessions with StretchBodyMind Founder Victoria Cunningham. During the Live Tuition sessions, we will work through the breathing exercises together then you will have opportunities to teach each other in smaller breakout rooms during the peer-to-peer calls. You will have time during the course to complete a case study and create a breathwork session for your client. This will then be demonstrated at our final assessment session.
We start this online training with the New Moon on Tuesday 12th September 2023 and run for 12 weeks.
There will be LIVE Ceremony Calls with Victoria at 7pm – 9pm GMT on:
- 12th September 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 26th September 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 10th October 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 24th October 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 7th November 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Live Tuition
- 21st November 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Q&A call
There will be LIVE Peer-to-Peer Practice Calls with Victoria at 7pm – 8pm GMT on:
- 19th September 2023 @ 7pm – 8pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 3rd October 2023 @ 7pm – 8pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 17th October 2023 @ 7pm – 8pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 31st October 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Spooky Peer-to-peer call
- 14th November 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Peer-to-peer call
- 28th November 2023 @ 7pm – 9pm UK-time: Assessment call
Accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals and CIMSPA